Monday, July 11, 2011

Nursing Cover for a friend

A good friend of mine is due any day now.  I thought I would check out her registry one last time and to my surprise she has a lot yet to buy.  Since the closest Babies R Us is a 45 minute drive I decided to attempt to make a nursing cover (a must have) for a new mom.  I pre-washed the 100% cotton fabric, folded it in half so it's not to thin, and sew the raw edges by folding in twice and sewing a straight line, adding boning to the top middle of nursing cover.  A strap around the neck with a D ring to finish.
Supplies:
1 yard cotton fabric
18 inches boning
7x7 inch square piece of terry cloth
1 set of 3/4 inch D rings

Cut the cotton into:
3x42 inch rectangle (long strap)
3x6 inch rectangle (short strap to hold D rings)
38x26 inch rectangle (body of the nursing cover)

Here is my finished project!



1 comment:

  1. Great job Stacy!
    I'm sure your friend will love it.
    When I was nursing my kids all we had was a bla net we threw over our shoulder and HOPED it stayed in place!!
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete